Programs for Spring 2023
- Fridays at 1:10 p.m. in the Main Chapel
- Fridays at 1:45 pm, following Jumuah in The Noble Room
Qur’an Study Classes
- What you’ll experience: Learn how to read, improve your reading skills, learn and practice tajweed rules, hifz program, basics of understanding Qur’anic text
- For more information and to register, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Understanding Islam Series
- Tuesdays | Jan 31-March 7
- 6:30-7:45 pm.
- Bird Library, Room 114
- Wednesdays | Jan 25-March 8
- 7:00-8:00 pm.
- Hendricks Chapel in the Strates Room
The office of Muslim Student Life at Syracuse University is about support for Muslim students, faculty, and staff in all religious and spiritual needs for development and growth. It is about accommodation, openness, and understanding — not judgment or restriction. It aims at improving understanding and representation of Muslim cultures and communities here in the US and around the world through sharing our universal values with people of faith and no faith.
Muslim Students’ Association (MSA):
- Social and cultural events celebrating our diversity
- Discussion on challenges and opportunities facing Muslim students
- Daily and Jumuah prayers
- Islamic education programs
- Iftars (breaking the fast meals) during Ramadan
- Collaboration on humanitarian projects
- Interfaith discussions
Follow our Facebook & Instagram Pages and bulletin boards for programs, events, and more info!
Instagram: @muslimlifeatsu and @syracusemsa
Amir Durić, Chaplain
Chaplain Durić is available for office hours on Monday-Friday by appointment. Contact him to schedule.